The changes included in the draft bill:
- decreasing the Florida Hurricane Catastrophe Fund;
- providing a means for private property insurance companies to share the risk of individual policies with Citizens;
- preventing Citizens from insuring buildings that are under construction located in coastal areas;
- preventing Citizens from writing new policies for homes valued at over $400,000;
- establishing a clearinghouse to place new Citizens' policies in the private insurance market instead;
- and increasing the cap on Citizens annual rate increase to 15% from the current 10%.