The House Financial Services Committee has released its September hearing schedule:
- Sept. 10 at 10 a.m. Reducing waste, fraud and abuse in housing programs. (Subcommittee).
- Sept. 11 at 2 p.m. – History of the Federal Reserve. (Subcommittee).
- Sept. 12 at 9 a.m. – CFPB Director Richard Cordray testifies on the CFPB’s Semi-Annual Report. (Full Committee).
- Sept. 18 at 10 a.m. – SEC's proposed rules on money market mutual funds. (Subcommittee).
- Sept. 19 at 10 a.m. – The Financial Services Committee will hold a hearing on the Terrorism Risk Insurance Act (TRIA), which is currently set to expire on December 31, 2014. (Full Committee).
ABIA is participating in meetings with members of the House Financial Services Committee (HFSC) that the Coalition to Insure Against Terrorism (CIAT) organized in order to urge Congress to reauthorize TRIA and prevent market disruption. During these educational meetings the history and operational details of TRIA are discussed.
The ABIA is sending a comment letter to the US President’s Working Group on Financial Markets in support of TRIA reauthorization, which is due September 16, 2013. If you would like to learn more about ABIA's support of TRIA or help our efforts to ensure TRIA is extended, please contact us to join the ABIA's TRIA Task Force.